Martha’s Vineyard boasts several robust tourist attractions in different towns like Aquinnah, Chilmark, Edgartown, West Tisbury, and Vineyard Haven. Aquinnah is a quiet and beautiful town with rich cultural history and fresh seafood, while Chilmark is a beautiful fishing village. Edgartown comes with its own unique architecture, with Vineyard Haven having the best food and West Tisbury being the agricultural backbone of Martha’s Vineyard and also home to the incredible sculptures of Field Gallery.
Oak Bluffs, in Martha’s Vineyard, is home to up to 300 gingerbread cottages which originated as a Methodist campground in the 19th century. Gingerbread Cottage, as they are popularly known, gives visitors the feeling of a fantasy world. The allure will make you feel like you’ve been pulled out of the real world to a Disney cartoon world or the world of Hansel and Gretel.
Why Should You Visit A Gingerbread Cottage In Martha’s Vineyard
There are many reasons which are listed below why you should visit this location:
- Lovely Architecture: If you are a fan of Victorian-era architecture, the Gingerbread Cottage is your friend. The buildings possess the vibrant luster of Victorian cottage designs, which exudes a quaint and nostalgic feeling. This sort of design was formerly called Carpenter’s Gothic.
- To fulfill your childhood longing: Many of us have always longed to be in a fantasy world made of chocolates. How about one made of gingerbread? It doesn’t matter whether you are an adult or a child, the Gingerbread Cottage is a perfect place for a tourist getaway.
- Tourism: If there’s nothing else in your mind apart from visiting the Gingerbread Cottage for the sake of tourism, it will interest you to know that this attraction also boasts a Museum at the village entrance that gives you an idea of what the cottages originally looked like. There is also a tabernacle at the center of the complex, which is still used for worship today.
- Photography: The picturesque setting of the place is reminiscent of the movie Shrek. Beautiful photographs can be shot in this location, and it’s better since there is no admission fee for the complex except for the museum. For better pictures, visit in the summertime when the colors are more vivid.
- Writing: If you are in search of a place to write about or just looking for inspiration, this mesmerizing scenery will open your mind and also give you a lot of interesting things to write about.
How To Choose The Best Guide For Exploring Gingerbread Cottage
There are general ‘Rules of Thumb’ in looking for reliable tour guides when on a touring experience. They include:
- Comfort: Your tour guide company should make you comfortable right from when they pick you up to when you are dropped off.
- Experience: Your tour guide company should have experienced guides that know exactly what they are doing and also possess vast knowledge of the place you are visiting.
- Good disposition: The guide should have a good disposition to help you create a joyful experience.
- Lateness: Lateness is usually frowned upon by companies. If you have a sole guide or a guide from a company who is very late, this can waste your time, thereby reducing the number of places you can visit.
Greetings From Martha’s Vineyard For Your Gingerbread Cottage Guide
Gingerbread Cottage has a lot to offer in terms of scenery and history. It also boasts a rich cultural heritage and incredible picturesque and tranquil scenes. At Greetings from Martha’s Vineyard, we are here to offer you an incredible experience. Our experienced guides provide wonderful services for your comfort. Our affordability and information dissemination techniques have always been a pull to our customers, and our friendly tour guides are here to add a unique element to your travel.
If you are planning to visit Gingerbread Cottage in Martha’s Vineyard, MA, Greetings From Martha’s Vineyard will make every moment memorable for you and show you all the greatest photo spots. Our tour guides are knowledgeable and passionate about the area and dedicated to ensuring you and your party have a great time when traveling with us. Call us now at 617-359-9298 to learn more or make your reservations.