Martha’s Vineyard’s #1 Spot for Movie Lovers
Are you a fan of Steven Spielberg and his mega hit film JAWS? If the answer is “Yes”, Chilmark is the perfect town to visit on your Martha’s Vineyard trip. Chilmark is the home to where the hit movie JAWS was filmed so come check out the village and be sure to keep an eye out for great white sharks! The town was established way back in 1694, home to an authentic fishing village called “Menemsha” based on its coastal location. The town has rolling hills with plenty of beautiful farms that look over the oceanside. Whether you are taking in the town’s arts and culture at the community center or indulging in the natural beauty, touring Chilmark makes for a great vacation idea during your tour of Martha’s Vineyard.
Why Chilmark Makes the Perfect Vacation Idea:
- Local community events
- Beaches nearby with spectacle sunsets
- Quaint, fishing village
- Fresh seafood available
Things to Do While Sightseeing in Chilmark:
- Attend the “Martha’s Vineyard Film Festival”
- Take a private tour to see where JAWS was filmed & stand on the sets of the movie!
- Take dance lessons or see a performance at The Yard
- Shop at Chilmark Flea Market
- Go Fishing/Boating or Sailing
- Take a beautiful coastal drive
Come visit Chilmark during your bus tour of Martha’s Vineyard. You can also come back after your tour is over to spend some quality time learning more about our fishing village and touring exactly where the movie JAWS was filmed.